I had so much fun writing the 25 Random Things About Me post that I decided to take it in another direction.
Since this July will mark my 16th mommiversary (= mommy anniversary), I reflected on the 16 things I love about being a mom.
Here they go:
- The newborns. I love everything about them. The way they smell, their wrinkly skin, how tiny their hands and feet are. The first 90 days is by far my most favorite part.
- The everything. I love being their everything. They think I am the smartest, most beautiful, and capable person in the world. They will soon learn how wrong they are, but until then, I’m soaking it up.
- The control. How cool is it to be in charge of another person? They have to do what I tell them, when I tell them, how I tell them or else face the wrath of consequences.
- The bond. There is nothing else like it. Period.
- The love. I never would have thought I could love not one, not two, but three other people more than I do myself. That’s epic.
- The fun. The most fun I’ve had is when we are all hanging out and acting silly together.
- The joy. All I have to do is look at my sleeping babies (yes, they will always be my babies – even at 15, 10, & 5) to know what true joy feels like.
- The newborns. Their tiny noses, the adorable little sneezes, and that sweet cry. Did I mention that it’s my favorite part? 😛
- The pride. Nothing makes me feel more proud than when I watch them go out into the world and do their best at being good citizens.
- The despair. It’s not fun when I start to feel like I am in a black hole of responsibility that never ends; however, it reminds me of how important my job as a mom is.
- The annoyances. Every single day without fail they get on my last frickin’ nerve, which reminds me that I am surrounded by loved ones. Wouldn’t trade it.
- The time. Watching them grow shows me that time is not just lost, it is lived.
- The life. Who is fuller of life than a child?
- The look. They look at me with such reverence.
- The point of view. Living vicariously through their lens. Seeing life through their eyes.
- The newborns. I don’t know if I mentioned this, but it’s my favorite part!
I want to hear from you!
What are some of the things you love most about being a mom or dad? Please leave a comment below and let’s have a discussion.