There’s one thing that so many purpose-driven women struggle with… I know, because I’ve struggled with it too.
How to get what you want out of life.
We think we know what we want. A successful career/business. To spend more quality time with the family. To contribute meaningfully to the community.
But we’re constantly frustrated that life isn’t delivering. The thing is, we’ve rarely invested in this critical first step before we throw up our hands… exasperated at the lack of results.
You Get What You Order From Life
Before you can get what you want out of life, you have to be clear on exactly what it is that you want.
What I learned from getting super clear on what I truly wanted was that life will deliver. When you get clear, you get results. When you keep changing your mind, wallowing in indecision, and remaining stuck in overwhelm, you don’t get results. It’s really that simple.
This is true in every area of your life.
Life delivers what you order. So think about what you want your order to look like. That’s where you begin to create a life you would love.
* Do you say you want a successful career/business, but you don’t know what that success looks like to you?
* Do you say you want to spend more quality time with your family, but you don’t know what quality time looks like to you?
* Do you say you want to meaningfully contribute to the community, but you don’t know what a meaningful contribution looks like to you?
I know exactly what it’s like to say you want one thing, and keep receiving another. Being confused as to why the order and the delivery don’t match up. It wasn’t until I got clear on what I wanted from my life that I was able to measure the results I was getting.
When I got clear, things started to fall into place. Opportunity started to knock. Doors started to open. Life started giving me what I ordered.
What Do You Want?
There was a time when I didn’t have a clue what manifestation meant. Even after I knew what it was, I didn’t *really* get it. Then, one day I was describing the exact steps I took to advance to the top of my field to a friend. And that’s when it hit me.
I had manifested it all.
I started as a Secretary and, from day one, told anyone who would listen that in five years I’d be a Management and Program Analyst. Super serious. Super specific. Super focused.
* When they told me I didn’t have enough experience, I didn’t listen. With over 8 years in my field at that time, I knew that a lack of experience wouldn’t be an issue.
* When they told me I didn’t have enough tenure, I didn’t listen. With all of my credentials and the expertise I gained in the private sector, I knew that tenure wouldn’t be an issue.
* When they told me I should be more realistic with my timeline, I didn’t listen. With all of my ‘street’ and book knowledge in business, human resources, and project management, I knew that my timeline wouldn’t be an issue.
I DIDN’T LISTEN.
I knew what I wanted. I visualized what it would be like when I was sitting in the big office. And I never wavered, no matter what anyone said to discourage me. I was clear on what I wanted and I kept going for it.
This clarity is the reason I achieved that goal. This clarity is the reason I didn’t have to worry about how much experience they thought I didn’t have, how long I had been with the Agency, or how long it had taken others to achieve the same level of success.
I was clear on what I wanted, and life delivered what I ordered.
Get Clear and Decide Exactly What You Want
You can have everything you want… but you must first begin by getting clear on exactly what that is.
What do you _really_ want? Once you get clear, achieving your goals is one step closer to done.✔
The first step to getting clear on what you really want is to decide. You have to start choosing! Engage with your life. Be present in the moment. Take action and reflect on your results. Take time to think about what you like, what you don’t like, what you want more of, what you want less of. And then decide.
Ask yourself a few questions as you ponder what you really want…questions like:
* Who do I want to be?
* What do I want to achieve?
* Why do I want to achieve it?
* What do I want to experience?
* What do I want my legacy to be?
I recommend journaling daily to dive deeper into your thoughts, uncover your motivations, and get clear about what you really want.
Always remember: you can have everything you want… but you have to first begin by getting clear on exactly what that is.
Put Your Inspiration Into Action
I’ve talked about getting clear on and deciding exactly what you want. That is undoubtedly the first step in getting what you want out of life. Life will deliver what you order, so it’s critical that you are intentional when putting your order in.
But here’s the thing… Inspiration without action is just entertainment. So I challenge you to not just get inspired but to take it a step further. Put your inspiration into action. Take at least ONE step towards getting clear on what you want out of life.
This action can be anything – “big” or “small” – just something that gets you out of your head and into motion. An example of this could be to:
* Schedule an appointment on your calendar for at least 30-minutes to do some brainstorming.
* Answer the questions I shared above. Really think about your answers and be completely honest with yourself.
* Identify the gap. The space between where you are now, and where you want to be.
Don’t wait to do this part. Action creates clarity. Action creates wins. Action creates momentum.
I’d love for you to share in the comments section below ONE step you’re going to take towards getting clear on what you want out of life.
If this is an area that you struggle with, I’d love to help. Schedule a free strategy session with me and we’ll figure it out together. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.? Please click here to book your session now: carinkilbyclark.com/strategy