Great days rarely happen just by accident.
They usually require a little preliminary work if you want to have a day worth remembering. Just as the path to a great body is pretty simple (though not easy!), having a great day can be pretty simple, too.
Do you know what you need to have a great day? Have you ever even pondered this?
If your life seems too rushed, complicated, and unfulfilling, a simple routine might be all you need to get yourself on the path to having a better day.
And that’s where I can help. *smile*
Follow these 7 simple steps and have a great day:
1. Have a great day by stretching a little before getting out of bed.
Dogs and cats stretch before taking a single step. Try doing the same. Your body is likely cold and stiff first thing in the morning. Take two minutes to get your body started.
* A fair number of injuries occur shortly after awakening, so take it slowly.
2. Have a great day by drinking a large glass of water.
Even though you didn’t do anything last night besides sleep, your body is constantly losing water through your skin and breath. Water is also used in many processes, such as digestion. So you’re dehydrated when you first wake up. You’ll feel better and more alert after a tall, cool, morning glass of H20.
3. Have a great day by reading or listening to something inspiring.
Motivation and inspiration are important components of any great day. Whatever it is that works for you, take a few minutes and get yourself motivated for the day.
* For example, maybe the theme from the movie “Rocky” makes you feel like you can take on the world. Or, perhaps you prefer to read something profound. Be intentionally about starting your day from a place of inspiration.
4. Have a great day by choosing one big task to complete today.
It’s common for us to have a mile-long list of items to accomplish each day. But the challenge with a long list is that some items invariably won’t be completed, which often results in frustration.
* Choose one super important task to complete, and then check it off your to-do list! You’ll feel a great sense of accomplishment.
5. Have a great day by reminding yourself of the things that fill you with gratitude.
Your family, home, and good health could all be reasons to be thankful. Most of us spend too much time annoyed by the things we don’t have, rather than what we do have.
* Focus on being grateful and you’ll instantly cheer up!
6. Have a great day by assessing your attitude and make adjustments.
Are you worried about the future? Focus on the present moment instead. Are you angry at your co-worker? Forgive them or come up with a solution to resolve the issue.
* Forgiveness has been shown to be good for your blood pressure and consequently, your heart health.
7. Have a great day by spending time with someone you love.
It could be a spouse, partner, child, family member, or friend. Spend some quality time together. Quality time probably doesn’t mean watching TV or your usual routine. Find an activity that requires interaction.
* Do something fun and out of the norm, make new memories, and truly enjoy each other’s company.
Take responsibility for creating your great day. Think about all the things you can do every day to make it better.
You can also try taking a walk during your lunch break or keeping a journal – both will make life more enjoyable.
With a few simple steps, you can greatly increase the odds of having an awesome day. Who knows, maybe your best day ever will be today!
I want to hear from you!
What would it take to make this a great day for you? Please join the discussion in the comments below.